One of the best feelings in the world is leaving the salon with perfectly styled hair. You look good, you feel good, everything is great. Sadly, it never seems like you are able to perfectly replicate those results at home. It can be difficult to know what products to look for or how the hair drying process should go when you are not a professional.
Your hair could have a very specific set of styling rules and not abiding by them could lead to frizzy or damaged hair.
You might be a person who already has frizzy hair and you are worried that a hair dryer will only make things worse. Luckily, there are options to help you style your hair and remove all that frizz. Below are the few products and helpful tips that can help you achieve the hairstyle you have always wanted.
Best Hair Dryer for Frizzy Hair – Comparison Table
|Model||Heat Setting||Speed Setting||Wrranty||Watts||Price|
|BaBylissPRO Xtreme Dryer||3||3||3 Yrs||2000|
|RUSK Super Freak Dryer||N/A||N/A||2 Yrs||2000|
|JIEUSDIRECT Salon Hair Dryer||3||2||2 Yrs||1875|
|Jinri Salon Hair Dryer||3||2||2 Yrs||1875|
|Conair Ceramic Hair Dryer||3||2||2 Yrs||1875|
|MHU Salon Grade Hair Dryer||3||2||1 Yr||1875|
|BaBylissPRO Full-Size Dryer||3||3||3 Yrs||2000|
Top 7 Hair Dryers for Frizzy Hair Reviews
I recommend the BaBylissPRO Ceramix Xtreme Dryer if you are worried about damaged hair. This 2000-watt dryer offers a mixture of both power and sensitivity in its infrared heat. Its A/C motor has the capacity to deliver an amazing performance. It both dries your hair quickly while also protecting it from heat damage.
In addition to protecting your hair from any damage during the drying process, this item also implements ceramics and negative ions. These decrease the amount of time it take to dry your hair while also repairing small amounts of damage that might have already been done to your hair.
To customize your experience, the BaBylissPRO Ceramix Xtreme Dryer has various temperature and heat settings. With the use of this product’s 8mm concentrator nozzle, you are able to create numerous hairstyles. If you plan on using the highest settings be warned. A few users have stated that they have felt the handle of this hair drying warming up when left on these settings. This can easily be avoided by only using the hottest and fastest positions in short bursts.
- Reputable: The BaBylissPRO Ceramix Xtreme Dryer comes from a company with a long line of highly rated products. You know you are getting a great product.
- Infrared Heat: This type of heat not only dries your hair but it does so without some of the damaging effects found when blow-drying one’s hair.
- Negative Ions: This attribute adds shine to once frizzy hair by locking in moisture.
- Weight: You don’t have to worry about straining your arm with this hair dryer. It only weighs one pound.
- Temperature Settings: Be in control of your routine with the addition of variable heat and speed settings. There is also a “Cold Shot” button to help style your hair.
- Overheating: When left on the highest settings, the BaBylissPRO Ceramix Xtreme Dryer’s handle can heat up.
- Coverage: While it does fine with several hair types, this is not the best option for those that have thick hair.
If you are looking for a hair dryer that professional hair stylists use, look no further. I recommend the Rusk Engineering Super Freak Professional 2000 Watt Dryer. It is ergonomically designed to fit into your hand comfortably. It also only weighs a pound, making it easy to hold during the process of drying your hair. This hair dryer can be used on fully wet hair. However, it works best on hair that has had excess moisture removed.
It is infused with tourmaline and ceramic to decrease the amount of time it takes to dry hair. The addition of these components also increases the vitality of your hair by emitting negative ions. It has an Italian motor that provides a substantial amount of airflow. This factor contributes to how quickly the device can dry your hair. The Rusk Super Freak Hair Dryer also eliminates static and frizz. You are left with smooth, beautiful hair.
This hair dryer does more than just dry hair. It can also create volume, straighten, and create waves all with just a few minor changes. This allows you to produce a number of unique hairstyles without the addition of other products.
- Lightweight: The Rusk Super Freak Hair Dryer only weighs a pound. You won’t have to worry about your hand becoming tired while you are drying your hair.
- Sleek Design: Its smooth black surfaces and ergonomically designed handle add to this product’s appeal.
- Fast: The use of tourmaline, ceramic, and a high powered Italian motor decreases the amount of time it takes to dry your hair.
- Creates Healthy Hair: The use of negative ions not only increases the vitality of your hair, it also reduces frizz, giving your hair a healthy appearance.
- Multiple Uses: While you could use it to just dry your hair, it can also create volume, straighten, and create waves.
- Buttons: The buttons for heat and power are located on the handle. It is easy to accidentally press them during use.
- Small Nozzle: The small nozzle on this product limits the amount of hair that can be dried at one time.
The 1875w Professional Salon Tourmaline Hair Dryer is fitted with a DC Motor which has been proven to last years without a single problem. This motor is also powerful and yet fairly quiet. Its casing is also sturdy and can withstand being dropped. I recommend this hair dryer if you are looking for something durable.
The use of negative ions also makes this product useful when fighting against frizzy, uncontrollable hair. Instead of just drying out hair, the negative ions lock in moisture and make your hair have a healthy, shiny appearance.
The 1875w Professional Salon Tourmaline Hair Dryer has three heat settings and two speed settings available. The higher settings should be used to actually dry your hair while the lower settings should be used to style your hair. Variable settings help reduce the amount of heat damage done to your hair. In addition to these settings, there is also the “Cool Shot” button. This feature uses cool air to lock your hair in place after you have styled it.
There are a few attachments that come with this item that will help you style your hair. They include an air concentrator and an air diffuser.
- Durable: The DC motor can last for years, and the thick casing not only protect this hair dryer from damage but also protect your hands from being burned.
- Ionic: Using negative ions locks in moisture and gives your hair a healthy shine.
- Cool Shot Button: You now have the ability to naturally freeze your hair into place. A great option if you don’t want to use hair spray.
- Heat and Speed Settings: Having the option of three heat settings and two speed settings allows you to have control of your hair drying routine.
- Attachments: Customize how you style your hair with the addition of both an air concentrator and an air diffuser.
- Weak: It appears the the 1875w Professional Salon Tourmaline Hair Dryer gave up power to become more durable. It doesn’t dry hair as fast as other options.
- Heavy: This product weighs 2 pounds, and it can be a strain if you have longer hair.
The Jinri Professional Salon Hair Dryer offers a speedy hair drying experience by including tourmaline, far-infrared, and ionic technologies. These attributes also defend your hair from many of the harsher side-effects that can come from using a blow dryer. It works on all hair types. Even thick or curly hair can be dried quickly with this product.
There are two speed settings, three heat settings, and a “Cool Shot” option to choose from. This allows you to have full control over how you dry your hair. Users state that the best combination of these settings is high speed and low or medium heat. This leads to shiny, volumized results.
In terms of attachments, I can’t recommend the Jinri Professional Salon Hair Dryer more. It comes with three nozzles: the concentrator nozzle, the diffuser nozzle, and the comb nozzle. The concentrator nozzle is a great way to add volume to your roots which helps those who have naturally flat hair. The diffuser nozzle allows for air to cover a wider area. This helps those with curly hair remove moisture without creating any frizz. The comb nozzle helps control flyaway hairs that are common for those who have straight hair.
- Fast: The Jinri Professional Salon Hair Dryer offers a fast hair drying experience. Even those with thick or curly hair won’t have to wait long.
- Multiple Settings: There are two speed settings and three heat settings so you can customize your routine.
- Protective: The addition of tourmaline, far-infrared heat, and ionic technologies protect your hair from most of the damage attributed to drying your hair.
- Three Attachments: The concentrator nozzle, the diffuser nozzle, and the comb nozzle allow this hair dryer to be used on any hair type without any detriment.
- ”Cool Shot” Button: This also allows for further control and can stabilize your hairstyle once you are done.
- Non-ergonomic: The handle isn’t the best shape and does not fit into your hand very well.
- Less Powerful: The motor of this product is not as powerful as other options.
- Weight: This hair dryer weighs 2 pounds.
I highly recommend the Conair 1875 Watt Ionic Ceramic Hair Dryer because it provides a lot of features for those who have a smaller budget. Even with its lower price, it still provides negative ions that remove static and help you maintain smooth hair.
This hair dryer has variable heat and speed settings so you are able to find what works best for you. It should be noted that the highest heat setting does run very hot. While it works great in short bursts, the high heat can also be detrimental if you were to solely use it to dry your hair.
The Conair 1875 Watt Ionic Ceramic Hair Dryer has an 1875 watt motor. This is a little less than other options, however, it still gets the job done. This factor does make it a good hair dryer for thin or straight hair. It does take longer to dry thick or curly hair.
Styling is simple with the addition of a diffuser and a concentrator nozzle. The diffuser nozzle will spread the airflow out and help create waves. The concentrator nozzle can assist in straightening or adding volume.
- Budget: Compared to other hair dryers, the Conair 1875 Watt Ionic Ceramic Hair Dryer is more affordable than most.
- Ionic: Like many modern options, this item uses negative ions to reduce the amount of frizz in your hair while also locking in moisture. This means it is less damaging to use.
- Precision: This product has a narrow nozzle that allows for more control when you are styling your hair.
- Attachments: It comes with a diffuser and a concentrator nozzle which allows for more customization during the drying process.
- Long Cord: Having a long cord means that you will not have to be stuck right next to an outlet when drying your hair.
- Heat: The highest heat setting of the Conair 1875 Watt Ionic Ceramic Hair Dryer is very hot. It can damage your hair if used for too long.
- Power: The motor is only 1875 watts and has trouble drying thicker hair.
If you are looking for a well-rounded hair dryer, I recommend the MHU Professional Salon Grade Hair Dryer. With a 1875-watt AC motor it has a fairly standard amount of power. It comes with three heat settings and two speed settings and can handle both thin, straight hair to thick curly hair and everything in between. Lower options should be used for targeting small areas, while the higher options should be used for general drying.
This product uses the combination of negative ion, far-infrared, and tourmaline ceramic technologies to help keep your hair healthy and strong. Negative ions reduce frizz, while the longer wavelengths from the infrared components heat and dry your hair without damaging it. Together, they can give new life to your hair by making it more healthy and silky.
It also comes with attachments. While these are fairly standard with most hair dryers these days, having them is always a bonus. The addition of a diffuser nozzle and concentrator nozzle allow for more hairstyles to be achieved. They can also be used to help lower the amount of time to dry certain types of hair.
- Well-known Brand: MHU has produced some of the best hair dryers on the market. They are highly rated with their users and stand up to thorough use.
- Variable Settings: Being able to customize your hair drying routine is important. The MHU Professional Salon Grade Hair Dryer has three heat settings and two speed settings so you can do just that.
- Ionic: Negative ions reduce frizziness and lock in moisture which makes your hair have a healthy shine.
- Far-Infrared: Uses longer wavelengths to dry hair without overheating it which could damage your hair.
- Attachments: The addition of a diffuser nozzle and concentrator nozzle allow you to have more freedom when you style your hair.
- Heavy: It is over 1 pound and can cause wrist strain.
- Loud: The MHU Professional Salon Grade Hair Dryer markets itself as being quiet, but it is as loud, if not louder, than other hair dryers.
The BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Portofino Hair Dryer has a wide nozzle that provides great coverage. This item was built with a powerful 2000 watt Italian motor. It has multiple settings that regulate speed and heat. These provide both high performance and optimal results for a variety of hair types. This hair dryer also has a long power cord allowing you to move around instead of huddling next to a power source.
The addition of Nano Titanium technology helps distribute heat so that large portions of hair can be dried at a time. This product also implements negative ions to reduce the amount of static it generates, leaving your hair silky and smooth.
For those who enjoy a customized experience, I can’t recommend this hair dryer more. It comes with three air concentrators and a diffuser to help style your hair in specific ways. While it can be used to generate several looks, it shines in making volumized and wavy hairstyles.
The BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Portofino hair dryer is heavier than most other options, weighing in at 2 pounds.
- Quiet: This product is one of the quieter options on the market today. Even the highest setting makes less noise than most other hair dryers.
- Many Settings: The BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Portofino hair dryer has six speed settings the offer a more personalized experience.
- Hair Benefits: The addition of negative ions reduces the amount of frizzy hair you have while also providing a healthy shine.
- Low Heat: By using air speed generated by a powerful 2000 watt Italian motor instead of just heat, this hair dryer does its job without damaging your hair.
- Additional Components: This hair dryer comes with three air concentrators, a diffuser, and an extra long power cord.
- Heavy: Weighing in at 2 pounds, the BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Portofino hair dryer can cause arm strain if held for too long.
- Slow: Having low heat settings means that it takes longer for this item to fully dry your hair.
Things to Consider While Choosing the Best Blow Dryer for Frizzy Hair
Material (Choose an ionic or tourmaline dryer)
These types of hair dryers produce negative ions that dry your hair faster by breaking up the water droplets left in your hair after towel drying. This leads to a shorter drying time so it is less likely that your dryer will damage your hair. These types of hair dryers also reduce frizz, increase the volume of your hair, and give your hair a healthy shine.
Heat Settings (Choose a hair dryer that has multiple heat settings)
Try and find an option that has at least three heat settings: low, medium, and high. Adjusting the heat setting of your device allows you to limit the amount of frizz in your hair. Not having cooler options could damage your hair and make the frizziness worse. You can supplement the lack of heat by increasing the speed if you are in a rush.
Cool Settings (Choose a hair dryer that has a “Cool Shot” setting)
The “Cool Shot” setting is becoming a common feature on most hair dryers on the market today. Not only does it allow you to style your hair but it can also reduce frizziness. Use it instead of heat when you are almost fully done drying your hair. This will finish the process without overheating and drying out your hair.
Hair Type (Choose a ceramic or porcelain hair dryer)
People that already have dry or thin hair are more likely to have frizzy hair compared to other hair types. They will need a specific type of hair dryer to make sure that they do not damage their hair by burning it. Ceramic and porcelain options provide a more consistent heat that is less harsh. It is perfect for those with dry or thin hair.
Power (Choose a hair dryer that is over 1500 watts)
The fact of the matter is that hair dryers that are less than 1500 watts are just not powerful enough to dry a whole head of hair before the natural drying process starts to take effect. You want something that is fast. Something where you are still able to control the shape of your hair. For people with thick hair you might want something that is 1800 watts or more.
Weight (Choose a hair dryer that is lightweight)
As previously mentioned, you want to be able to dry your hair as quickly as possible. If your hair begins to dry naturally it has a high chance of remaining frizzy. You will have to take longer drying your hair if you have to keep on taking breaks because your hair dryer is too heavy. Try and find a device that is around one pound and you are less likely to have this happen to you.
How to Blow Dry Frizzy Hair – Complete Guidelines
Blow drying your hair is not as easy as it sounds. There are certain steps you should follow for the best results. Not following these steps could lead to frizzy or damaged hair. To successfully blow dry your hair, please follow the directions below.
Step1: Prepare your hair to be dried.
Before you even think about using a hair dryer you should make sure your hair is as ready as it can be. This means shampooing and conditioning your hair in such a way that there is no residue left behind. Afterwards you should only pat your hair dry with a towel to remove the extra moisture. You should also use a wide-toothed brush to remove any major tangles that could have formed in the washing or towel-drying process. This is also when you can use heat protective hair products.
Step2: Separate your hair.
After gently towel-drying your hair you should section of your hair into at least two sections. One on the left and one on the right. This will help you manage your hair during the blow-drying process. Feel free to create more sections. If you have thick hair, you could use hair ties to keep your hair under control.
Step3: Begin blow-drying.
Take one of the sections that you have formed and begin blow-drying. Start at the roots of your hair and make your way to the tips. If you have long hair you can use a comb to help separate hair, which will speed up the drying process, and keep it under control. Make sure that your device is at least on the lowest heat setting so you do not burn your scalp. The speed setting is less important and can be on whatever selection you prefer.
Step4: Change direction.
After you have dried the one part of a section, be sure to change directions to help dry your hair without causing heat damage. You should always keep the air from the hair dryer moving while also maintaining a level of command over your hair. Once one section is done simply repeat until all of your hair is dry.
Once you are satisfied, you can take a paddle brush to help shape your hair. If you want to use hair spray or a serum, now would be the time.
According to Statista.com, the sales of hair dryers have been increasing over the past few years. It is important that you buy one that will both suit your needs without sacrificing the health of your hair. If you are a person that has frizzy hair, you will need to take extra precautions. Look for an option that fits into the categories listed above and you will be heading in the right direction. Be sure to follow proper hair drying procedures when styling your hair to make sure your hair style comes out exactly the way you planned.